Saturday, February 16, 2008

From Frank Donato

Just hearing Ken’s name brings me back. Ken and I grew up on the same street, Kesselring Ave. I had the pleasure of playing tackle football in his backyard, wiffle ball, soccer, you name it. We loved to terrorize the other kids at the other end of street. I remember Ken being an avid baseball card collector AND a KISS afficianado. I loved flipping baseball cards with him and building snow forts.

Ken always impressed me with his ability to work hard and play hard. I remember how Ken had the ability to weave himself seamlessly between the “jocks" and the "TAG” group.

Our friendship continued into college and those summers at the beach were some of the most memorable moments of my life. Over the years, his name has come up fondly in conversations, and "Brokedown Palace" will always hold a special place in my heart every time I hear it.

No comments: